Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Anthems

Just got some of the music I ordered and I am beyond excited, feels like Christmas and I wanted to share what we got.

Song of Ruth - David Childs
I have been a fan of David's music for quite some time and met him last year at the American Choral Directors Convention in Chicago where he was conducting the Highland Park United Methodist Church choir in the beautiful Rockefeller "chapel". Really nice guy and a fantastic composer.
You can listen to a better recording of this piece on the publisher's website: Santa Barbara Music

Nada te Turbe - Joan Szymko
This piece came onto my radar because it fit three categories that I'm always on the lookout for; female composer, in Spanish and uses Cello. The text is beautiful and while the piece will give us enough of a challenge to keep us busy.
I found a better video for this one but there you can also listen to it on the publisher's website: Santa Barbara Publishing






Festival Sanctus - John Leavitt
This is a piece often done by school choirs for festivals and was recently arranged for treble voices by the composer. The video features the "mixed" choir version.



Sometimes I Hear God's Music - Joseph M. Martin
Not the greatest recording, although not a bad performance. (No we will not be wearing those outfits)

No comments:

Post a Comment